Cleaning Port, The Original M1 Buddy, M1 Garand/M14/M1A
Part #: FA-A407-GM
Unlike other service rifle cleaning ports on the market today, THE
ORIGINAL M1 BUDDY® allows you to use either the "Ratcheting GI Chamber
Brush" or "GI" Combo Tool while the cleaning port is in place! No
need to worry about those fingers any more!
Compare our product to all the others. The difference is instantly
clear. Durable, solvent resistant and backed by a lifetime
guarantee, this will be the last M1/M1A cleaning port you will ever
need. Reasonably priced, a shooter can afford to carry one in their
range bag, and keep one at home or in the shop without breaking the
Injection molded in Ohio using space age material in an ISO9001:2000
manufacturing facility. With all the mold design and machining
being done in my hometown of Fort Wayne, IN, The Original M1 Buddy is
truly worthy of the "Made in the USA" label
How to use THE ORIGINAL M1 BUDDY
No more M1 thumb - Maybe the best feature of this product is the fact that The Original
M1 Buddy eliminates all chances of contracting M1 thumb
- Make sure your M1 or M1A is unloaded by retracting the oprod and inspecting the chamber.
- Secure the rifle in your favorite cradle or vice as you normally do for cleaning.
- Pull the oprod to the rear and insert THE ORIGINAL M1 BUDDY into the top of the
receiver, pushing and holding it all the way down with the open end facing forward and
touching the front of the receiver/rear of the barrel.
- Allow the oprod and bolt to *slowly* slide forward until it contacts the rear of
THE ORIGINAL M1 BUDDY.
- The pressure applied by the bolt will hold THE ORIGINAL M1 BUDDY in place until cleaning
- Once you are through, retract the oprod and remove THE ORIGINAL M1 BUDDY.